Insanirty: The Asylum

Friday, April 22, 2011

Spring Cleaning

Every year I make a feeble attempt to "spring clean" my house. It usually lasts for a few days until other priorities take precedence (like watching my little bean play outside, or taking time to enjoy her "tea"). However, in the midst of my cleaning, I often neglect to do some online cleaning. So, this spring, that's what I've done.




First, I started with my Facebook account. A new year's resolution of mine was to spend less time on the site. Like most resolutions, after a few weeks it was hard to keep. Reason being, I was so dang distracted by all the updates in my "friends'" lives. Then, after a egregious misunderstanding via Facebook with a supposed friend, I realized the need to detach myself from the "social networking" scene (so, here I am blogging...so it goes). I deleted all of my "friends" and use facebook to keep up to date with my favorite stores and info websites. It saves me hours a week. Plus, I have been able to reacquaint myself with friends I haven't spent real face time with. Personal face to face interactions are the basis for relationships, not narcissistic voyeurs in cyberspace.


Next, I cleaned out my inbox. Since I started using myspace, then ultimately facebook, I have not really kept up with all the spam. I had over 5000 messages in my inbox. It took three days to finally get rid of them all, but now, I can actually check my e-mail without having to sift through all the junk.


Decluttering helps not only organize aspects of your life; it helps clear the mind and relieve stress too.










No comments:

Post a Comment