Insanirty: The Asylum

Saturday, March 30, 2013

It's 100% One Hundred Percent of the Time

Just recently, I agreed to join a personal/professional development group online via Beachbody from an invitation from my coach.  I have been seriously thinking about applying myself with the business end of my Beachbody Coach status, but I have been a little stuck.  I mean, I love my friends and family because they never (usually) push their agendas on me...so I have been a little nervous to sell my pitch to them...long story short, I felt this invitation was a great way to get me going in the right direction.

I couldn't have been more right.

One of the group's first requirements was to obtain and begin reading The Compound Effect.

  I downloaded it last night on my Kindle.  It's not a hard read, but makes some great points that force you to stop and evaluate where you are.  One of those points I had just read through a Simple Truths video.  The 100/0 principle for relationships...which can apply to any relationship you have: significant other, child, parents, friends, and yes...even business.  "You have to be willing to give 100 percent with zero expectation of receiving anything in return," he said. "Only when you're willing to take 100 percent responsibility for making the relationship work will it work. Otherwise, a relationship left to chance will always be vulnerable to disaster."



I can see how true this is...in my personal life, I can always find excuses for my behavior as an easy way out from solving my own problems...and as a professional I make excuses why my students don't seem to achieve at the level I'd like them instead of actively seeking out different ways to engage them.  This rings true for exercise and being healthy, and for being the best mom I can be for my children.  There is always someone to blame, but the only person I should be blaming is the only one I can truly hold accountable: myself.  The good news is, I only have to give 100% in the relationships that I want to work...the ones that matter most to me...like my family, health, friends, and finances.

What relationships do you want to work?

No comments:

Post a Comment